THE HEALTH CLUSTER IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE
The Eurobiomed cluster brings together all the stakeholders involved in Live Sciences: academic research units, training centers and life sciences industries – in the Languedoc-Roussillon and Provence -Alpes-Côte d’Azur Regions to develop new drugs, technologies and health services.
• Infectious, tropical and emerging diseases
• Rare and Orphan diseases
• Medical devices, biomarkers and diagnostic
• Immunology and its therapeutic applications
• Treatment and care of ageing, neurological diseases and handicap
SOME OF OUR MEMBERS
Bausch & Lomb, Bio-Rad, Galderma, Horiba Medical sanofi, Virbac, Cisbio Bioassays, Thermo Fischer Scientific
/ Cezanne, Eurofins / Adme bioanalyses, Iris Pharma, Horus Pharma, IBM, Idenix, Innate Pharma, Intrasense,
Qiagen Marseille, Phylogene, Nicox, SkuldTech, Trophos, Tx Cell,…
• To develop health business in the South of France through innovative collaborative R&D projects,
• To facilitate the creation of innovative companies,
• To help small companies in their implementation and development,
• To stimulate economic development by accessing and penetrating new job-creating markets,
• To initiate international cooperation and cross-sectorial/trans-disciplinary projects.
• To facilitate the transition from science excellence into marketable products and services for the patient benefit.
• To ensure a better quality of life and treatments for patients.
• To ensure a favorable framework for companies growth.
A dynamic business environment
• 400 Companies
• 3000 industrial researchers
Top-rank academic science
• 250 public laboratories
• 6000 researchers
Since 2006, 117 projects accredited by Eurobiomed were successfully funded. This represents a budget of more than 403 M €, including at least 106 M € of public fundings (key figures as of December, 2012).
Some examples of Eurobiomed catalyzed projects
• DIAPO «Patient detection of DNA integration of oncogenic papillomavirus responsible for cervical cancer», Led by Alphabio, 2010
• SPINEINJECT «Development of Bone Replacement Biomaterials dedicated to Spinal applications», Led by Graftys, 2011
• DAT@DIAG «Innovations for personalized diagnosis», Led by Horiba Medical, 2011
• INTENSE «New implantable electronic devices for neurostimulation in case of heart failure and similar diseases», Led by Obelia, 2011.
• Develop and animate a strong network in life sciences: Organization of local, national and international events; Identification of skills; Working groups dedicated to the economic development of specific sectors (In Vitro diagnosis, Ophtalmology…).
With the signature of bilateral agreements, the collaborations with organizations and experts in international trade and the shared tools it offers, Eurobiomed strongly supports its members in the establishment of international partnerships.
• Support companies’ growth: Shared tools and services; access to international conventions; Assistance for international business development
• Facilitate access to public fundings for innovative R&D projects
• EDCA (European Diagnostic Clusters Alliance): led by Eurobiomed, this European non-for-profit association based in Brussels gathers more than 360 IVD SMEs and related technologies to foster strategic EU partnerships and achieve global competitiveness.
• Neurorescue (Neuroscience Research Clusters of Excellence): aims at supporting Europe’s leading position in understanding of and response to neurodegenerative diseases, dementia and disorders attributed to ageing.